Breweries own Dansk Retursystem. The retail trade and importers also sit on the Board of Directors.
Dansk Retursystem was established in 2000 as a limited-liability company with four owners. The Statutory Order on Deposits specified that the company should be non-profit. This ensures that the only purpose of the deposit and return system is to recycle as many empty bottles and cans as possible into new bottles and cans.
Dansk Retursystem is therefore an example of public authorities and private companies collaborating on a project to benefit society.
The key partners in the Danish deposit and return system are represented on Dansk Retursystem’s Board of Directors: the breweries, the importers of beverages on which deposits are payable and the retail trade, which is required to receive the empty bottles and cans returned by consumers.
The Articles of Association require the Chair of the Board of Directors to be non-partisan and unconnected to any of the partners involved.
Chair of the Board
- Michael Christiansen
Members of the Board
- Niels Hald, Secretary General, Danish Brewers’Association
- Thomas Panteli, VP Logistics & Supply Chain Development, Hilding Anders Int. AB
- Christina Rasmussen, CFO, Carlsberg Danmark A/S
- Jan Breinholt, VP Customer Supply Chain, Carlsberg Supply Company Danmark A/S
- Per Wilhelmsen, Sales Director, Carlsberg Danmark A/S
- Lotte Engbæk Larsen, Head of Markets, Confederation of Danish Enterprise
- Søren Lisberg, Supply Chain Director Denmark, Royal Unibrew A/S Denmark
- Carsten Nørland, Managing Director, Royal Unibrew A/S Denmark
- Ruth Schade, Group Finance Director, Harboes Bryggeri A/S
- Henrik Kirketerp, Director, Coop Invest A/S
- Claus Juel-Jensen, Managing Director, Netto International
- Claus Bøgelund Kegel Nielsen, Deputy Director, De Samvirkende Købmænd (Association of Danish Grocers)